Monday, September 1, 2008

X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication

On my Solaris Operating System I have entered into ssh -Y option and now try to run X-windows /Graphical windows and it returned,
-bash-3.00$ X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication.
X connection to localhost:11.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).

Cause of The Problem
The error happened because ssh was unable to write my ~/.Xauthority file.

Solution of The problem
1.The most possible reason is your disk is full. Check the disk space by using df -h. I have seen that my home directory is full. After that I
deleted/move unnecessary files from my Solaris home partition and then
exit
Log on again using ssh ... -Y
And run graphical windows like dbca&


2.It may be because of the permission settings of the ~/.Xauthority file or existence of the file.
To fix it
rm .Xauthority
touch .Xauthority
chmod 600 .Xauthority

No comments:

Post a Comment