Wednesday, April 16, 2008

ORA-29702 error occurred in Cluster Group Service operation

Error Description:
-----------------------

Previously I had RAC setup environment on my database. Now I want to install non RAC database instance.When I create my database using DBCA it fails to create database by returning ORA-29702 error Cluster Group Service operation. Though I have not selected the option to create RAC database but the error produce.

This error also occurs whenever you startup a Non-RAC database.

Reason:
---------

Though RDBMS install is not running on RAC but still it is assuming it to be RAC instance.

Solution
-------------

Relink with the RAC OFF. In my Solaris environment I just relink RAC OFF by following commands.
1)cd $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib
2)/usr/ccs/bin/make -f ins_rdbms.mk rac_off
3)make -f ins_rdbms.mk ioracle
4)Try to re-create database with dbca and you will see your problem has gone.

2 comments:

  1. The solution worked for me. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting this information.

    It helped a lot :)

    ReplyDelete